Main image

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

16 keys to molding my tomorrow

I recently left a job at a well know investment firm because it wasn't a place where I was able to grow and thrive. I'm currently in a new role, at another prominent company, skill set and the pay is significantly less.

The reason why I chose this job is because I took the time to step back and look at the big picture. Where do I want to be in 5 years? A chemical engineer for sustainable energy. What am I willing to sacrifice? Everything. Will it be worth it? Absolutely!!!



I've lived in the moment, been complacent, non aggressive, and mentally lazy in regards to my future because I counted on tomorrow. Well today is tomorrow.

My goal at my new company is to have a brand that anyone would love to mimic and Dr. Phil McGraw is going to help.

Dr. Phil McGraw has created a formula for success. It's called "The Sweet 16" and it's documented in his book, Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World.


1. Have a defined “image” and never go out of character.

2. Create a perception of uniqueness.

3. Play “big,” not just long.

4. Learn to claim and accept praise, and acknowledge it in a gracious way, but do accept it.

5. Become “essential.”

6. Know your real currency.

7. Always, always have a plan.

8. Keep things “close to the vest.”

9. Always be in investigatory mode.

10. Must “stretch” and behave your way to success, even if it feels like “fake it until you make it.”

11. Always keep your options open.

12. Always master the system and figure a way to make it work for you.

13. Create a passionate nucleus of supporters.

14. Deal only with the truth.

15. Recognize and use the ego and greed of others to create a path to success.

16. Pick your battles and never let your opponent have control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment