Main image

Sunday, February 9, 2014

We broke up. Now what?

"You is kind, you is smart, you is important."
This is what I tell myself when I look in the mirror. When I wonder what went wrong. When I start to miss you.
          



I tell myself that this is for the best. You need to work on you. Become a better man and learn how to be happy.

Now we're apart. You call and I answer then we shoot the breeze about everything but us. I'm no longer Carebear, sweetie, or baby.I'm Simone. It sucks.

Here's what happens now. Thirty minutes of tears were approved. One day to mourn the death of Simone and Alan's relationship was granted.
There will be no shutting down. I'm twenty-five years young with a full and vibrant life ahead. I don't know what the future has but I can't be Carrie looking for my own Mr. Big if I'm constantly replaying the past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment