Main image

Monday, February 24, 2014

Moday's Made Easy

 
My off duty attire and mindset are very relaxed. You are going to find me sipping coffee with my hair pulled back and wearing leggings. Work emails, conflicts, and extreme productivity are typically off the table. As the final hours of my day off approach my mind switches gears to prep mode. Transitioning from the weekend to the workday can be intense but I’ve came up with some ways to make it easier.
 
1.       Have a designated work bag
o   My bag is already pre-packed with my work essentials that include my agenda, pens, snacks, keys, and petty cash.
2.       Become a your own stylist
o   Pre-select attire then have it cleaned, pressed, and ready to go
o   Place work makeup in a special case. I have a BEAT face that uses a natural palette for work.
3.       Give yourself some time
o   I allow myself time in the morning to have a cup of  coffee, read the news, and use social media.
o   Get physical. It can range from stretching to doing a full workout.
4.       Create positive vibes
o   Have a personal mantra. Mine is PlusTen.
o   Send out a text to a friend or love one wishing them a good day.
o   Try your best not to allow your personal life float into your professional one.
5.       Know your lunch game plan
o   Have your lunch packed with choices that can really impact your day for the better.
o   I like mixed nuts, fruit, and gummy snacks
6.       Understand your purpose and its rewards
o   Have a weekly development plan that consist of things that will help you with your career game plans
o   Visualize success
o   Utilize perks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment