Main image

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Plus Ten

Someone once told me that even though you're are great there is always someone better. It kind of made me sad because wouldn't be the great to be the best at something? Since I've grown a little bit wiser I've developed a new mantra it called Plus Ten.

Sometimes I feel like I've given everything that I have and I think I have nothing left. In that moment I try and squeeze, scrape, peel whatever is left at the bottom that was first overlooked and I call it my plus ten. It's similar to those concept that is familiar to those who run marathons. They keep at a steady pace so that they don't burn out. Towards the end of the race exhaustion starts to creep in. Once the finish line becomes visible a crazy phenomenon happens and they sprint like the last few kilometers never happened and the gunshot used to initiate the race just went off. That's plus ten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment